Become a Member
Should you or a member of your family be injured or seriously ill, air transport may be needed. That's where LifeFlight Eagle comes in ... and now these lifesaving services are available to you without out-of-pocket costs.
LifeFlight Eagle is a non-profit community-based medical helicopter program, serving communities in Missouri and Kansas surrounding Kansas City. Established in 1978, LifeFlight Eagle provides highest quality patient care and life-saving critical care air transport with state of the art equipment and highly trained medical crews and pilots. The LifeFlight Eagle system includes four Bell 407 helicopters based in Chillicothe, Odessa, Clinton and Harrisonville, Mo., as well as a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter, which is dedicated to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, and specially designed and staffed to serve our neonatal and pediatric patients.
At LifeFlight Eagle, we're here to provide you and your family with life-saving care when you need it most. For just $59 per year, you can help support our non-profit community service and protect your household from out-of-pocket expenses associated with LifeFlight Eagle medical helicopter transport.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Membership Questions
Become a Member Today:
In case of an emergency, always call 911.
LifeFlight Eagle acts in response to an attending physician, ground ambulance team, fire and/ or police department representative. These authorities will determine if LifeFlight Eagle emergency air transportation is medically appropriate. When contacted, LifeFlight Eagle responds while the on-site physicians, nurses and EMS professionals continue their care for the patient.
Terms and Conditions
LifeFlight Eagle will provide emergent medical transport services to its members under the following terms and conditions:
- The membership benefits are for me (primary member), my spouse or domestic partner, my dependent children and persons who are permanent residents of my household, not to include roomers or boarders.
- Emergent medical transports are based on medical necessity and transportation of the patient to the closest, medically appropriate facility as requested by a physician or medical professional.
- Availability of service cannot always be guaranteed due to weather conditions, geographic restraints, patient size limitations, maintenance, or commitment to another patient transport.
- LifeFlight Eagle membership covers transport on LifeFlight Eagle air ambulances and LifeFlight Eagle critical-care ground ambulances only.
- LifeFlight Eagle provides the Children’s Mercy helicopter, and Children’s Mercy helicopter transport is covered by LifeFlight Eagle membership. However, Children’s Mercy ground ambulance and airplane transports are not covered.
- LifeFlight Eagle will not be responsible for payment for service provided by another ambulance service.
- New member benefits take effect seven business days after LifeFlight Eagle’s receipt of a completed enrollment form with payment.
- LifeFlight Eagle reserves the right to directly bill the member’s insurance, benefits provider(s) and any appropriate third party for LifeFlight Eagle services.
- Members transfer directly to LifeFlight Eagle their rights to insurance, benefit provider(s) or other third-party payments due to them for LifeFlight Eagle services.
- Members agree to remit within 10 business days to LifeFlight Eagle all payment(s) received from insurance, benefit provider(s) or any third-party for LifeFlight Eagle services, including settlements related to or as a result of the condition that required the transport of the patient. Any such payments shall not exceed LifeFlight Eagle’s regular charges.
- Membership purchases are non-refundable.
- LifeFlight Eagle is not an insurance company. LifeFlight Eagle’s membership program is not an insurance, and cannot be considered as a secondary insurance coverage or supplement to any insurance coverage.